Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

I've heard a lot of horse trainers say that your horse mirrors you. Their personality, vices, actions...albeit, they may be simplified versions, they are still mirrors. I think about this quite a bit when I ride and work with Forrest. I have to say I like what I see. He's always happy and ready to go to work. He gives 110%, even when he's unsure of what it is I'm asking. This doesn't mean he's perfect. He's also extremely opinionated and high strung at times. Well, most of the time. I work hard. Both with training my horse, and at my jobs. I am a better worker than I am a student in most cases. I try to do my best when learning new things. I could probably work a little harder than at the happy-go-lucky attitude. It's funny how good matches work out between horse and rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment